Michelle from Forest city Bookworm nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger award and I am super happy. It means a lot coming from a fellow bookworm and it really is reassuring, especially because I have been thinking of shutting the blog down. Thank you so much, Michelle, it means a lot, virtual hugs are on your way.
Here are the rules
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Jo is totally not my name, it is not even remotely similar to my real name. I am a pretty insecure writer and hence hiding behind a fake name helps a bit to shush the inner critic. The idea of settling down is very scary for me, I would like to think of having the possibility of a future where I can keep hopping from place to place learning things on the way just like a tumbleweed and hence the name Jo the Tumbleweed 🙂
2. Do you prefer ebooks or physical books?
Hard-bound books, paperbacks, audiobooks, and then e-books. Preference in that order, but anything with words would be okay 😀
3. What’s your ideal pizza?
I hate pizza, sorry but I really do.
4. What’s your favorite childhood book?
I wasn’t a book-loving child, didn’t start reading outside of school until 13. The first book that got me hooked was The Harry potter series, and it will always be so very special to my heart ❤
5. What cheers you up?
A Gilmore Girls marathon, yellow shoes, and beaches
6. Are you an introvert or/and extrovert?
Introvert absolutely. All about warm tea, rain, books, cozy couches, and staying in.
7. What’s the last book you read that you simply could not put down until you finished?
The graveyard book. Neil Gaiman is a wizard.
8. If your life was a movie, which actor/actress would play you?
The name of the movie would be The perks of being a wallflower without a doubt but my life is not at all like Charlie’s and can I get Penelope Cruz to play me? 😀
9. Which is the longest book/anime/TV series you’ve read/watched and how long is it?
Longest book was 1Q84 I guess.
10. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
There is a layered flatbread we get in my home state in India, its called porotta-absolutely delicious, pair it with beef stir fried with spices, shallots, and coconut flakes and I am in food heaven. Not at all a healthy option..but dear God I am hungry now!!
11. What’s your favorite book genre?
Historical fiction, that is how I learn the world. Right now on a WW2 reading spree.
- Where do you feel most at home?
- Have you ever read a book and thought “this character is a lot like me”, if yes, which one?
- What book are you reading right now?
- How are you today?
- Tell me one of your favorite songs?
- Do you prefer phone calls or texts?
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- Do you prefer traveling alone or with people?
- Is there one specific thing that you are really passionate about or are you curious about a lot of different things?
- Tell me one thing that you always wanted to learn but never got a chance to?
- What are some things that make you happy?
I am going to nominate five (sorry about breaking the rule) fellow bloggers who inspire me for a variety of different reasons. I don’t know what your policy on awards is and please don’t feel obligated to accept. Just wanted to tell you how much your blogs mean to me.
The coffee bean brain– I absolutely love this blog. Her writing is really heartfelt, honest, and funny. I am an intuitive reader and most of the times I cannot explain why but her posts resonate with me quite a lot
Kate– Kate supports us newbie bloggers and it is inspiring to see her do that, I have come across a lot of exciting blogs because of her. Thanks Kate
Anam– She is another fellow book nerd. Very young but with a razor sharp worldview, there is an innocence in her writing voice that I simply love.
Nina– Nina’s blog has encouraged me quite a lot to share my struggles with BPD. Her writing is bold but not imposing, she does not shy away from discussing uncomfortable topics and whatever topic she picks, she does so much justice to it.
Vrushali– Another young blogger. Multitalented book-nerd. You should really check out her art on Instagram, it is brilliant.
Thanks again Michelle.